ZIV Model BCF for capacitor banks in grounded or ungrounded, single or double wye, delta or H configuration, with external or internal fuses, or fuseless
The main protection units are differential voltage, voltage unbalance, and current unbalance, all of them with a calibration feature that eliminates the inherent imbalances of the bank.
A series of additional overcurrent and voltage units provide backup protection.
- Phase Voltage Differential Unit. Measures the difference between the bus phase voltage and the capacitor bank intermediate tap phase voltage considering PT ratios. For ungrounded banks the differential voltage unit ponders the neutral voltage in the differential calculation. A calibration feature is applied once the capacitor bank is connected, cancelling errors and imbalances due to tolerances in the manufacturing process of the bank itself. The calibration enables more sensitive settings.
- Compensated voltage unbalance unit. Measures the difference between the calculated bus neutral voltage and the capacitor bank neutral voltage, considering PT ratios. The differential voltage represents the capacitor bank voltage unbalance without the system voltage unbalance. A calibration feature enables a more sensitive setting by eliminating inherent unbalances due to tolerances.
- Phase current unbalance unit. Calculates the current circulating in the same phase on two parallel banks. This method eliminates any system unbalance since both banks are affected equally. Can be applied in grounded or ungrounded banks. A calibration feature enables a more sensitive setting by eliminating inherent unbalances due to tolerances.
- Neutral current unbalance unit. Calculates the neutral current circulating between two parallel banks with a common neutral. This method eliminates any system unbalance since both banks are affected equally. Can be applied in grounded or ungrounded banks. A calibration feature enables a more sensitive setting by eliminating inherent unbalances due to tolerances.
- General characteristics of the “ZIV e-NET flex family”:
- Powerful programable logic
- 2000 event log. Up to 100 oscillography seconds
- Alphanumeric or graphic display
- Easy HW expansion without FW updates
- Unused protection elements can be hidden
- Custom mapping of physical current and voltage inputs to protection elements
- Can be used to protect multiple bays
- Up to 20 analog channels, 160 DI, 80 DO, and 22 LEDs
- Bonding, RSTP, PRP and HSR redundancy
- IEC 61850 ed. 1 & ed. 2 protocols, DNP3.0, Modbus RTU and PROCOME
- Native process bus. Analog input cards operate as Merging Units for the CPU. Synchronized samples at 4800 Hz (as per IEC 61869-9)
- Cybersecurity in accordance with IEC 62351 and IEEE 1686-2013 standards. RBAC, secure keys, physical and logical port disabling, cybersecurity event log, and securing of management protocols (PROCOME, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH)Time synchronization by IRIG-B, SNTP and PTP (Ordinary Clock / Transparent Clock)
- Data Sheet: H0BCFA1807Iv00