Most Distribution Network Operators worldwide are modernizing their distribution grids for improving network management, energy efficiency and demand response. In many countries, there are legislative and regulatory incentives to promote Smart Metering as well as a public and technical driving forces.
Not only grid operators can improve their operational processes. Suppliers, energy service companies and customers will also benefit from the availability of data and the possibility to manage aggregated load profiles.
Smart Metering systems offer many options and capabilities that were not possible with traditional meters. These range from remote load shedding and meter reading to time of use tariffs and power quality measurement. Depending on the technical functionality or grid characteristics, different communication architectures may be required. To ensure interoperability between different players and applications, the use of existing open standards is recommended.
ZIV AMI Solutions
A broad range of smart metering equipment from single phase meters for residential use up to sophisticated and accurate high precision meters for large consumers, in addition to all the necessary communication devices to enable Automatic Meter Management.
- AMI Over PLC
- Radio Solutions
- PLC & Radio
- Multi-utility systems
- Line and phase detection
- Customized cabinet integration
- Flexible family of meters with a broad range of functions Smart meters integrate energy measurements, load profile and Time of Use (TOU) features, as well as local and remote communications capabilities.
- Smart meters are automatically activated in the network and central MDM system (plug & play).
- Breaking and reconnection elements for remote switching operation, power control and demand-side management. Utilities in charge of electricity, water and/or gas distribution can optimize their investments in an advanced metering infrastructure.
- Data concentrators may include a built-in three-phase meter to monitor the LV section of the distribution transformer.
- Standard protocols and interoperability
- Tampering detection functions.
- Flexibility, designed to fit your needs.
- ZIV owns the technology embedded in the AMI products
- Advanced diagnostic tools.
- Efficient data transfer optimized for communications over noisy lines.
- Compact, easy-to-install and ruggedized devices.
ZIV Smart Meters and DCUs for GAS NATURAL FENOSA´s SMARTGRIDs deployment
ZIV Automation has supplied smart meters to the Spanish utility Gas Natural Fenosa (GNF) , covering a large part of their demand for domestic meters so far. ZIV Automation has also provided Data Concentrator Units. ZIV’s 4CTT model, is nowadays the reference DCU in the market after becoming the first model certified by the PRIME alliance and having proven a robust performance onsite.
ZIV Smart Grid Solutions helped Iberdrola to develop a more flexible, efficient and secure system, causing a qualitative improvement of its electric distribution grid and customer services.
Iberdrola’s STAR project is a huge smart grid Project consisting on the massive deployment of Smart equipment in different locations of medium and low voltage grids. This involves millions of smart meters installed at low voltage end users, dozens of thousands of secondary substations equipped with AMI concentrators, RTUs, and communications integrated in RMUs.
The MV and LV supervision and operation are integrated in a single network inside the Secondary Substation. The information coming from the smart meters, LV and MV supervision is sent upwards in the network architecture up to the control center of the distribution company.
The amount of the information is enormous, providing online and detailed knowledge of the whole MV and LV grids, from home users to Secondary Substations.