8PRN recorders cover oscillographic applications requiring very high performance signal acquisition and data storage, where the recording functions of digital relays do not meet the application requirements. A typical use of these recorders is in power generation where the frequency spectrum of the relevant events require extremely high sampling speed of several hundreds of samples per cycle for accurate representation.
- Disturbance recorder
- Disturbance recorder + Fault recorder
- Recording triggered on:
- Analog channels (threshold, gradient, harmonic contents).
- Calculated frequency (threshold, gradient).
- Calculated positive sequence (threshold, gradient).
- Calculated negative sequence (threshold, gradient).
- Calculated zero sequence (threshold).
- Digital channels (triggered on leading / trailing edge).
- Other: external pickup, keypad, communications.
- Sampling frequency (selectable from 16 to 384 samples / cycle).
- Metering accuracy: less than 0.1%.
- Analog inputs: 8 and 16 AI.
- Digital inputs: 16 and 32 DI.
- Digital outputs: 8DO.
- Connection to portable recording storage device.
- Control and monitoring: Alphanumeric display and Keyboard..
- Communications ports (local):
- One (1) port RS232
- One (1) port USB (removable disk connection).
- Communications ports (remote 1):
- One (1) port RS232 (Full Modem).
- One (1) port F.O.
- Communications ports (remote 2):
- One (1) port RS232.
- One (1) port RS485.
- One (1) port F.O.
- Communications ports (remote 3):
- One (1) Ethernet 10/100 base T, RJ45.
- One (1) port USB (printer output).
- One (1) port BNC (IRIG-B connection).
- One (1) port NMEA (synchronism input).
- One (1) port F.O, for relay synchronization (Cross-Trigger).
- Communications protocols: Procome 3.0.
- Time synchronization.
- Event and metering history records.
- Oscillographic record (COMTRADE 99 format).
- ZiverComPlus communications software.
- Basic Oscillographic recorder
- A + Integrated Fault Locator